Wednesday 12 April 2017

GloPoWriMo 2017 - day eight

Today the prompt is to use repetition.



My England.

The limestone edges, sculpted by water
Are timeless, changing and never-changing.
The caves and chasms that lie beneath
The heather and bracken of the moorland
Are timeless, changing and never-changing.
The white clouds, chasing each other across
The vast northern skies, sun-kissed and rain-washed
Are timeless, changing and never-changing.
This land.
Our land.
Limestone land.
Granite land.
Heather land.
Forest land.
Sea strand land.
Wheat field land.
High crag land.
Not land of blood.
Not land of flags.
Not land of names.
Not land of religion.
Not land of skin shade.
Not land of empire.
Not land of slaves.
This England.

(c) 2ndwitch, 08/04/17

My thanks to the writing of Hamish Henderson and of Maggie Holland for my inspiration. My 'thanks' to Brexit for coalescing my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment