Wednesday 12 April 2017

GloPoWriMo 2017 - day eleven

Today the prompt is to write a 'bop'. No, I'd never heard of it either, but apparently it is a thing.



Remember the . . .

I am but a storm-tossed leaf, floating back and forth
On the angry burn of someone else's life.
I am the shuttlecock, hit with force from left to right
And back from right to left again.
I can see my goal, but am kept so far away, and
Having no money makes it all the harder.

And the words that danced the reel are dancing still.

I try to call the players out, to listen to my tale, to
Not forget that plans, once made, should not be
Forgotten; but I am not of note in this, and the pain
That other humans use to play a vicious game
Blinds them to the pain that is caused for me, and
Then I am dragged in to a dispute that is not mine
And each thinks that I will side with the other
When I only side now with myself.

And the words that danced the reel are dancing still.

I know now that I cannot walk this path without
Hard words, and I know that hard words could
Have the effect of moving me further from my simple
Goal, but yet, do I not have the right to be heard, and
To be known and be a constant not part of the fight.
Things are not easy, and there is no answer.

And the words that danced the reel are dancing still.

(c) 2ndwitch, 11/04/17

No comments:

Post a Comment