Thursday 12 April 2018

GloPoWriMo 2018 - day eight

Today the prompt is a poem where something mystical occurs.


The Pedlar's Pool.

I walked out one day, to the Pedlar's Pool.
I only knew of it because I had heard the
Story in a song.
The day was a long one, and this was to be
The main part of it for me.
So I set off and walked to the Pedlar's Pool.

The Lussa runs beside the path,
A river that carries memories and
The present day in harmony as it makes
Its way down to the sea.

The air was silent, the sounds of the day
Faded into the background of the trees
And chattering river, and there subsided.

There is a cairn at the Pedlar's Pool.
It is rough, with an iron cross,
But is says as much as many a marble
Edifice, erected to some noble.
The cairn commemorates the selfless
Sacrifice of one man.

The Pedlar's Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment