Wednesday 18 April 2018

GloPoWriMo 2018 - day fifteen

Today the prompt is to write a poem where a villain meets misfortune and is proved human, or in this, case not human!



A misfortunate child.

When I was a small child I was told that there was a monster
That lived behind the dustbins.
I was warned never to approach this monster, as it was evil and would
Do unspeakable things to me.
One day I moved the dustbins to look for the monster, so I could ask
It in what way it was evil.
Behind the bins was a gap in the wall, and a door, a very small door,
And of course I pushed it open, and there was a sudden shuffling noise
And the monster ran away and hid on the other side of the door.
Puzzled I continued through the door, and found I was in my own back garden,
Just below the apple tree.
The only monster I could see was a toad that cowered by a loose brick,
Unable to escape past the curious child.
The only villain was a toad!
And then I turned on my dad and shouted at him, told him he should
Not tell me lies, and I was sent to bed for being impertinent.

No comments:

Post a Comment