Monday 2 April 2018

GloPoWriMo 2018 - day two

Today the prompt is to play with voice.

Caffeine.

If I, as a poet, write a poem about me,
A poem that includes I many times, and
That consequently makes the lines create
A statement of opinion or observation,
Then you, as the reader, are very likely
To assume that I am writing the poem as
Myself, and that I mean the things that
Are contained within the carefully crafted
And thought out lines of the stanza in question.
And what would you think if I pointed out
That the I in my poem is not the I in my life,
And that the I who speaks through the words
That I write is not me, but is me the poetic voice?
Would you understand that I can both hate
Instant coffee and at the same time I can
Need that cup of instant coffee to start my day?

No comments:

Post a Comment