Monday 6 March 2017

NaPoWriMo 2015 06

Today we are considering mornings.

And not just any morning, but the suggestion that has
Been made is that we consider the phenomenon that
Is Monday morning. The day of days that is
Meant to be the evil hour, the start of the week, and thus
The start of work, and that is the end of the weekend.
But perhaps it is not always such an evil thought, for
Perhaps some people love their work?
Perhaps some people do not work a simple working week?
Perhaps some people do not work?
Perhaps sometimes it is a Bank Holiday?
Oh yes, a Bank Holiday. Today is a Bank Holiday.
And this morning was quiet, tea was drunk, and
I had my annual bath. Well, perhaps it happens more
Than once a year, but it was my annual Easter Monday bath
Even though I may never have had a bath on
Easter Monday before, I cannot remember.
And this afternoon was spent in the garden.
A garden is a gift, and the feel of soil between my fingers
Reminds me that whatever cares are fretting away the
Sleeping hours, there are things that are timeless and beyond
Such worries. The garden gives space to birds, and bees, and even
Today a butterfly. I found a strawberry plant, and put
It into a pot, as it was not meant to be where it was, and
I planted the rhubarb that moved here with me.
The traffic on the road celebrated the Bank Holiday in
Traditional style, by turning itself into jam, and inching
Slowly, slowly down the road and back towards Tuesday and
A day that is not a Bank Holiday. And that
Was the end of the morning, for by then it was not morning
Any longer, and the newness and the oldness of the morning
Had run its course, and spun itself to sleep again,
Giving way to the blowsy afternoon, and then to somnolent
Evening. And as the sun sets, it promises that tomorrow,
Whilst not a Bank Holiday, will have a morning once again.

© 2ndwitch, 06/04/15

No comments:

Post a Comment