Monday 6 March 2017

NaPoWriMo 2015 24

Today we are stopping in snow . . .

Whose world this is I think I know
They live upon it not in it though
They do not see me stopping here
To watch it die, fade beneath the snow.
An interstellar traveller must think it queer
To treat so harshly our planet green and dear
Between the sun, and the depths of space
This darkest evening of the year.

He'd look with shock, give his head a shake
And ask if there is some mistake,
The only sound the downward sweep
Of barren wind and frozen flake.
This world was lovely, dark and deep
We have broken promises to keep
And a lifetime to go before I sleep
And a lifetime to go before I sleep.

© 2ndwitch, 24/04015

Based upon the famous poem by Robert Frost 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening'.

No comments:

Post a Comment