Monday 6 March 2017

NaPoWriMo 2015 16

Today we shall toy with a terzanelle.

I can rise above such things
Alone, the battle rages
And my captive heart sings

Words of passion, fire-burned pages,
Thoughts of the way it should be
Alone, the battle rages,

Verval blows, eye-spears through me,
And I am left lying bleeding.
Thoughts of the way it should be,

No life where all is needing
And empty bellies fuel endless tears,
And I am left lying bleeding

The accumulated weight of many years,
Polluted light in desolate dawn
And empty bellies fuel endless tears.

Fear-birth of desire to be again unborn,
I can rise above such things,
Polluted light in desolate dawn,
And my captive heart sings.

© 2ndwitch, 16/04/15

(Special thanks go to Ray Hearne, whose song 'Pudding Burner' inspired this poem, in a direct and roundabout way. http://www.rayhearne.co.uk/index.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment