Monday 6 March 2017

NaPoWriMo 2015 09

Today I am supposed to write visual poetry.

Immediately upon reading the instructions my mind went on strike.
It said no, and no chance, and won't do. And I am afraid
That on this occasion I cannot see a way of creating
The required poem from the prompt and also publishing it
In the accustomed fashion here along with the other
Poems from days one to eight, and before the remaining
However many poems until the end of the month.
I ask you, dear reader, to imagine that you are closing
Your eyes, whilst reading my words, as I do realise
That closing them for real and reading my words
Are to an almost absolute degree mutually exclusive,
And picture the frustrated poet sat, peering blearily at
The screen of the laptop, and trying to work out
How to make the words she wants to use move around
And join hands to pain a picture.

And having done that small feat of imagination, you
Can sit back and laugh, because whilst I may not have
Created a visual poem in the way intended, I have
Used words to create a visual image as a result
Of reading my poem!

© 2ndwitch, 09/04/15

No comments:

Post a Comment